Azure Mobile Service With JS Backend
What is mobile service?
Mobile Service provide a service to build a mobile application(non-calculator mobile app) that interact with server easily, you do not consider data storage layer or push notification or identity.
Mobile services contains Data, Api, Scheduler, Push, Identity, Logs and Scale options.
When we creating mobile services, wizard ask to us create a new SQL database or use existing one? if you want to create new SQL database, you can use 20 mb free sql database instance.
- Data, this feature for storing data in to Azure Sql Database without writing any sql commands. So if you do not know anyting about SQL, you can easly use this Data layer.
- Scheduler, this feature is to run same jobs in specific time interval. For example you want to run a piece of code in every 1 hour. We talked about in above example, we have a logic to download and parse html, you want to invoke this api in every 1 hour. Using scheduler you achive this, set the scheduled job and invoke api in every 1 hour without writing any code.
- Push, push notification is very important feature today, beacuse we you lots of application on our mobile device and we do not check these applications always, imagine that whatsapp do not sends notification. In order to see message you have to check it always, as you think, it is impossible. For example you wrote an application to IOS, andriod and Windows Phone, and you want to send a push notification, you can easily send a notification from Azure Mobile Service.
- Identity, we have an application and user should login to use our app. But user do not want to create a new account for our app, user wants to login to our application using facebook, google, microsoft or even Active Directory account. You can achive this using Mobile Services Identity feature.
- Scale, Mobile Service consist of 3 pricing tiers, Free, Basic , Standart, you can change your service's tier from Scale tab on management panel, and you can define types of scaling from here. For more information:
You can download the sample project after creating mobile service.